Last Updated on by Buayifa Ojeogwu
Stop! Don’t toss that watermelon rind just yet.
I want to show you two weird and refreshing ways of using watermelon on the skin.
- Simple moisture replenisher
- DIY watermelon sugar scrub
I should mention that I love me some sweet red watermelon.
However, the sight of a yellow watermelon sort of weirded me out but everything changed after I tasted it.
Okay, let’s go make some DIY watermelon skincare.
Simple Moisture Replenisher With Watermelon
This method of using watermelon on the skin was introduced to me by my mom.
She lived in the Northern part of Nigeria, and she told me how some of the women use watermelon after eating it.
So my mom does the same thing every time she eats a watermelon.
And guess what?
I too, jumped on the wagon ever since I heard her story.
It is a simple and fun way to treat your skin to some refreshing watermelon.
How To Use Watermelon As A Skin Moisture Replenisher
- Cut your watermelon for eating, freezing, whatever
- Keep the rind aside
- Rub the white part of the rind all over your body and let your skin absorb the juice
- When you are done with one rind, get another and repeat the same thing
- Leave it to dry on the skin while you enjoy your fruit
- You shouldn’t feel icky or uncomfortable
- But if you do, just rinse it off in the shower
- Throw away used and leftover rind
How To Make A DIY Watermelon Sugar Scrub
- Cut a piece of watermelon
- In a bowl, mash or break it with a fork
- Add your sugar, a little at a time
- No need to add more than a cup of sugar
- Use it after a shower
- This scrub would settle if it sits for a few minutes
- Just stir it up again before using it.
Benefits of watermelon to the skin
- Watermelon is rich in vitamin C, for brighter clearer skin
- Its hydrating properties help keep your skin supple and plump
- It also has anti-aging properties
- Watermelon treats and soothes itchy dry skin
What a weird way of using watermelon for skincare.
As you are quenching your thirst with refreshing watermelon, do the same for your skin.
So before you toss the rind in the bin, just rub it on your legs or arms.
Have fun with it!
For other fruit skincare ideas, see 5 DIY Fruit Scrubs For Your Berry Special Friends.
Are you going to try watermelon on your skin?
Let me know in the comments.
Please do not forget to share this post on your favorite socials.
Thank you for reading.
For other ways to use watermelon on the skin, see 3 watermelon Face Mask Recipes.