Last Updated on by Buayifa
Do you want to learn how to sell on Facebook Marketplace, and make extra money from home?
These days everyone and their grandmas are selling stuff on Facebook Marketplace.
Facebook Marketplace is like an online yard sale where lots of people sell stuff and make money within and outside their communities.
So if you want to get on the train and start selling there, read on.
In this post, I will show you how to sell on Facebook Marketplace, tips to make sales, safety tips when meeting with a buyer, and the perks of selling on Facebook Marketplace.
So let’s get started.
How To Sell On Facebook Marketplace
Here’s how to sell on Facebook Marketplace.
- At the top of your Facebook Profile, you’d see the Marketplace icon
- Click on it
- Then choose sell and the category of your listing
- Add enough pictures of your item from different angles, including the flaws
- Name your listing, price, description, and address
- Click next at the top right of the page, and choose all the places you want to publish your listing
- Then click publish
- Your item will be seen everywhere on Facebook
How To Make Sales On Facebook Marketplace
Selling on Facebook Marketplace is very different from other selling platforms.
So to make sales, here’s what you need to do.
- Price your items lower than you would in Poshmark or Mercari (sells faster that way because the Facebook marketplace is sort of a community market).
- Take pictures with natural light to show the actual color of what you are selling.
- Make sure to use hashtags related to your product listing
- Reply to your buyers’ messages on time
- Use the “renew in Marketplace” option to renew your listing for free. This makes it appear in more search results. (You can renew a listing for FREE only three times, so use it wisely).
- Use the boost listing option to promote your listing for a fee (the lowest is $3).
- Describe your item and mention the flaws if any.
- Include pictures of the item label if it is still available.
- Let buyers know where you can meet to exchange the product for the money.
- Offer to ship if it works for you. (I have not used it before) OR
- You can direct buyers to your other online stores if you can’t ship on Facebook Marketplace.
- Join Facebook marketplace yardsale groups within your county (another way to get your listing before potential buyers’ eyes).
- If you sell on Poshmark or Mercari, let your buyers know you also sell on Facebook Marketplace. That’s a way of attracting more buyers to your Facebook store.
You may also like How Mercari Works For Sellers Plus Tips To Make Sales.
What To Sell
Quit worrying about what to sell on the Facebook Marketplace.
You can sell almost anything the next person will find useful, like
- House rentals
- Handmade items too
The list is endless, I guess.
You may also like Poshmark VS Mercari – Which Is Better For Selling Online.
Why You Should Sell On Facebook Marketplace
- Facebook has billions of users, so you will definitely make sales with little effort.
- It is a quick way to flip things for money from home, within your area, county, and all over the country.
- Listing and selling on Facebook Marketplace are free.
- You get to keep all the money from your sales.
- Your listing will be seen in Facebook users’ news feed, within the Marketplace, and also in community yard sale groups.
- It is a great way to declutter your home while making coffee money.
- Buyers can chat with you on Facebook Messenger to inquire about your listing.
- And you are not sharing any vital information like your address, credit card information, and all that.
- There are no returns and all that drama because you meet and exchange the product for the money. All sales are final. (At least for me).
- You (the seller) can mark items as sold, whether it was sold on Facebook Marketplace or elsewhere.
Safety Tips When Meeting A Buyer
Like I said earlier, most of your buyers on Facebook Marketplace live in your area or county.
And because of this factor alone, buyers and sellers meet to transact business.
So I want to mention some safety measures to guide you when meeting a buyer.
- Do NOT invite a buyer to your home
- Meet buyers in public places like gas stations, parking lots, crowded places, etc.
- Ask for cash only, and make sure you have lower denominations for change
- Having change speeds up the transaction and leaves no room for dangerous intentions.
- Stay or stand where lots of people can see and help you just in case the transaction becomes a threatening deal.
- Keep the conversation on Facebook but if you are comfortable with some random person having your phone number, then do it. And block them afterward.
However, if all of these do not work for you, just ship the item.
Of which you would definitely have buyers that do not reside in your state or are too busy to meet.
Just make sure to add the shipping cost to the total cost of the item.
Perks About Selling On Facebook
Since everything has both good and bad sides, let’s look at some perks of selling on Facebook Marketplace.
- Shipping is not convenient because you have to do it on your own (if only they had prepaid shipping labels).
- Meeting with buyers may be dangerous and vice versa.
- Some people will send questions irrelevant to your listing. (I mean nasty comments).
Okay, so these are the few I can remember for now.
But I would update this post as needed.
Let’s Wrap Up!
If you are broke and need some quick cash, you can start selling on Facebook Marketplace.
- list with reasonably low prices,
- take clear pictures with natural lighting,
- respond to buyers’ messages promptly.
- Make sure to meet buyers in crowded public places to exchange the product for cash, for safety reasons.
And that’s how to sell on Facebook Marketplace, and make money from home.
Are you going to start selling on Facebook Marketplace?
Let me know in the comments.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.
I would be more than happy to answer them.
Thanks for reading!
Remember to pin me!