Last Updated on by Buayifa
Are you interested in learning how to fix waxing mistakes sabotaging your results?
Waxing and sugaring are my favorite methods of removing unwanted hair from the body.
And as they pull the hairs from the roots, you are supposed to have the best post-hair removal skin. Right?
However, several things can go wrong and mess up your results, which can be quite frustrating.
Also, because it has happened to me so many times, I know what it is like.
But with little changes over the years, I’ve been able to maintain a post-waxing routine that keeps bumps and rashes at bay.
And that’s what I’ll be sharing with you in this post.
Here are 9 waxing mistakes ruining your results and how to fix them.
9 Waxing Mistakes Messing Up Your Results
- Applying the wax in the wrong direction of hair growth
- Waiting too long between application, this makes waxing more painful.
- Not waxing regularly
- Skipping post-waxing care
- Applying wax to damp skin – wax won’t stick
- Using antiperspirants the same day after waxing
- Wearing the wrong clothes post waxing
- Using the wrong post-wax care products
- Exfoliating before waxing.
How To Fix Waxing Mistakes For Better Results
To get good results from your waxing or sugaring, here’s what you need to do:
Have a proper post-waxing care routine in this order
- Wipe leftover wax or sugar wax off your skin with a wet washcloth,
- Use a tweezer to pluck out short hairs your wax didn’t pull out,
- Next, apply a slightly thick baking soda water paste to the waxed areas, and exfoliate gently. This gets rid of dead skin and bacteria.
- Then rinse off the baking soda after several minutes.
- And follow with honey or aloe vera. If you are using honey, remember to rinse out after some minutes.
- Lastly, apply a light moisturizer.
- Pass on using deodorants or antiperspirants on your underarms.
- Wear loose fit clothes that won’t touch or rub against your skin. In other words, avoid the friction caused by tight clothing or underwear.
Other tips for better wax results
- Depending on how fast your hair grows back, don’t wait too long before waxing again.
- If you’ve just had a bikini wax, do not wear panties or any clothing that can cause friction to the area.
- Wait at least 24 hours before using antiperspirants or deodorants.
- Use a mild scrub to exfoliate freshly waxed skin.
- And lastly, make it a habit to exfoliate waxed areas regularly, even when new hairs start growing out.
You may also love How To Make A Homemade Hard Sugar Wax For Hair Removal.
Nine waxing mistakes ruining your results, and tips to fix them.
I hope these help you get smooth skin after waxing and the weeks that follow until your next hair removal.
What mistakes are messing up your sugaring results?
How did you fix them?
Please share your tips with us.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.
Thanks for reading.
Remember to share the pictures on Pinterest.