Last Updated on by Buayifa Ojeogwu
While we are self-isolating, here are 41 ideas for self-care during social distancing.
It must be weird staying indoors everyday especially if you work 9 to 5.
But why not take advantage of this time to look after yourself a little more.
Before you start, let me stop you there.
“self-care is not selfish”.
So let’s begin.
Ideas For Self-care You Should Try While Social Distancing
Keep your hands clean.
- Wash your hands regularly, and make sure your kids do too.
- Keep a hand sanitizer within reach to keep your hands clean whether you are in or out of the house.
- Exfoliate your hands. See lemon sugar hand scrub for softer hands.
- Plan your budget, and cut out unnecessary expenses. See 5 Easy Peasy Tricks To Actually Save Money!
- Put a pause on subscriptions you can do without for the time. See How To Stop Automated Payments From Wrecking Your Budget
- Make a meal plan.
- Treat yourself to new home-cooked healthy recipes.
- Eat kale… I Ate Kale Salad For Breakfast For 5 Days! This Is What Happened To Me
- Drink more water. See Simple Tricks To Drink More Water And Stay Hydrated
- Remember to eat more fruit too.
- Do your facials. See Charcoal Peel-off Mask – How To Use For Amazing Results.
- Go makeup-free and enjoy your plain face.
- Do your brows.
- Exfoliate your skin, and moisturize the sh*t out of it. See Whipped Aromatherapy Sugar Scrub With Essential Oils.
Hands & Feet Care
- Get a manicure at home.
- Let your little one polish your nails for you. Have fun with and tell us how it went.
- Soak your feet and get a pedicure. See Cinnamon Foot Scrub Recipe – For An At-Home Pedicure
- Skip wearing panties, let your vagina breathe. See 7 Feminine Hygiene Tips For A Better Down-There Care.
- Make your own homemade sugar wax for hair removal, and wax your underarms, legs, bikini area, whatever.
You may also enjoy Barely Simple Tips For Going Commando.
- Wash your hair with water and shampoo.
- Deep condition your hair.
- Skip the dry shampoo for now. You will need it when you resume your busy schedule.
- Check YouTube for new ways to style your hair.
Health & Fitness
- Get some workout in. e.g yoga, pilates, you choose.
- If you have a workout partner, you both can face-time during your at-home workout.
- Get more sleep. See Nighttime Routine For More Restful Nights.
- Binge-watch your favorite shows.
- Read a book: a novel, an educational book, etc.
- Cuddle with your pet. They must be happy to see you at home all day.
- Listen to music to either boost your mood or help you relax.
- If music makes you cry, cry love. It helps lift off the weight. See Selfcare Tips That Are Not Spa Time & Red Lipstick.
- Get playful and dance if you feel like it.
- Binge-read your favorite blogs. I hope I am one of your faves.
- Listen to podcasts. My favorite is the Real AF Podcast by Andy Frisella.
- Face-time with friends as your own way of catching up.
- Call your family and relatives.
- Listen to the news to get the latest updates on the coronavirus pandemic.
Clean your house
- Declutter your and your kids’ closet, and other parts of your house that needs decluttering.
- Fold and put away washed laundry that’s been sitting on the couch for days. I have a huge pile waiting for me.
- Start your Spring cleaning. It’s about time, right.
- Hug and cuddle le beau.
- Let them know you love them.
Ideas For Self-care During Social Distancing
So that’s 41 ideas for self-care during social distancing and self-isolation.
I hope you find them helpful.
Stay safe and healthy with your loved ones.
Please remember to share this post on your favorite social media channels.
Thanks for reading.
Until next time.