Last Updated on by Buayifa Ojeogwu
If you love citrus fruits, you’d love this DIY orange zest sugar scrub.
Like the title says, this scrub was made with orange peel, and the oily fluid known as orange zest, and white sugar.
It is also rich in vitamin C, which brightens the skin, and fades off dark spots.
The best part is that this scrub is affordable and easy to whip up in minutes.
If you are ready, let’s go and make it.
How To Make A Zesty Orange Sugar Scrub
Orange scrub Ingredients
- The zest and peel of an orange
- White sugar
- A grater to extract your zest and rind
- To extract the orange zest, grate around your uncut orange(s) until you get the amount of orange peel you need for your citrus body scrub
- Mix it with your sugar,
- If it is too dry, add more orange zest
- But if you are out of oranges, add coconut oil.
Your orange zest sugar scrub is ready for use.
This Mandarin Honey Body scrub is another citrus DIY sugar scrub you may love.
How To Use Orange Zest Sugar Scrub
If you have not tried orange zest on the skin before, I suggest you test a small portion.
Whatever result you get tells you if it is good for you or not.
And if your results are excellent, go ahead and exfoliate your body with the citrus body scrub following a bath.
Then moisturize thereafter.
You may also enjoy Zesty Orange Soap -Melt And Pour Soap Recipe.
When Should I Use My Orange Peel Sugar Scrub?
Whenever you choose to use your orange sugar scrub is entirely up to you.
And the number of times weekly depends on your skin type. But exfoliating maybe twice a week should be enough.
Just do what works for you.
You may also enjoy An Easy Coconut Lime Foot Scrub For Mother’s Day.
Benefits Of Orange Zest To The Skin
- Orange zest is high in vitamin C, which brightens dull skin
- It also fights acne and clears dead skin cells
- Orange peels contain anti-oxidants that protect your skin from getting too dry or oily
- Because vitamin C makes the skin lighter, this orange sugar scrub may help get rid of dark underarms at home.
How To Store DIY Orange Sugar Scrub
- If you make this scrub today, it would have a yellow crystalline appearance.
- But by the next day, you would notice a rich orange color because the sugar and citrus zest have bonded together overnight.
- This orange sugar scrub can last up to a week in your refrigerator. But I suggest you make it today, use it tomorrow, and make a fresh batch next time.
- After a week or a couple of weeks, the zest will begin to turn brown, which means your zesty orange sugar scrub has stayed too long.
- Also, your orange scrub won’t smell as zesty as the first time once it starts turning brown.
You may also love Lemon Sugar Scrub Tutorial – Hand Exfoliant For DIY Manicure.
Let’s Wrap Up!
There you go. A DIY orange zest sugar scrub you can make today with the peel of one orange, and a cup of sugar.
If you made this citrus sugar scrub, please share your thoughts with us in the comments.
Remember to share this post on Pinterest and Facebook.
Thanks for reading!