Last Updated on by Bree
Don’t you just wish you could get rid of razor bumps from your vag area?
Razor bumps, also known as ingrown hairs, appear after shaving.
They are caused when your shaved hairs grow inside your skin instead of out.
Razor bumps are itchy and uncomfortable and can cause infections if not treated.
The most annoying thing about razor bumps is that they make your skin rough and ugly.
And getting rid of them is often at the top of your list.
So this post will show you how to get rid of razor bumps in your pubic area overnight.
How to get rid of razor bumps on vag area with home remedies
When I had razor bumps in my pubic area, I tried several drugstore bump creams but got no results.
Maybe I wasn’t doing stuff right; I don’t know.
Then I changed my hair removal method from shaving to waxing.
Sugar waxing helped reduce my ingrown hairs, and I’ve stuck to it.
You know what they say if something works for you, keep doing it.
Also, I added some homemade skincare treatments to help keep bumps away.
So here they are:
Exfoliate your pubic area at night with baking soda
When I have bumps in my pubic area, I exfoliate with baking soda paste.
- Mix a tablespoon of baking soda with very little water to make a thick paste.
- Apply the baking soda paste to your bikini area and scrub in gently.
- Let the exfoliant sit for several minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water.
- Next, pat your skin dry with a clean towel.
- Then apply aloe vera gel to soothe and moisturize your skin or leave it alone.
- Please, skip wearing underwear to prevent chafing.
- The next day, your skin will feel smoother as the bumps will dry up.
- Give it some time and exfoliate again sometime in the week.
To eliminate razor bumps on the vag area, Exfoliate your area with Epsom salt.
If you don’t have baking soda, you can use Epsom salt to get rid of razor bumps on vag area overnight.
Epsom salt is excellent for exfoliating skin with ingrown hairs because the granules are not abrasive.
Instead, they melt and clean your skin as soon as they come in contact with it.
Follow these steps to dry up razor bumps overnight with Epsom salt:
- Toss one to two tablespoons of Epsom salt into a small container.
- Then add a tiny amount of water to help the granules stick together.
- Next, scoop your Epsom salt mixture and apply it to your bumpy pubic area.
- Scrub your bikini area gently.
- After exfoliating your pubic area skin, let it sit for five to 10 minutes.
- The Epsom salt may begin to dry up, and that’s okay.
- Then rinse your area with lukewarm water.
- Dry your pubic area with a fresh towel, and apply aloe or a light moisturizer to soothe your skin.
- Or you can leave your skin without any moisturizers.
- Again, don’t wear panties after this.
- The next day, your pubic area will feel smoother than before.
What to do to Prevent or reduce razor bumps after shaving your vag area
- Shave with a clean and sharp razor every time to reduce the risk of ingrown hairs.
- Make sure to scrub with a gentle exfoliant after shaving to remove dead skin and unclog your pores.
- And remember to moisturize your skin.
- Or better still, ask your dermatologist to prescribe an ingrown hair cream.
- Lastly, make sure to exfoliate your pubic area regularly to keep the skin smooth and bump-free.
Other ways to get rid of razor bumps for good
Try waxing your vag area instead os shaving.
I understand waxing is painful, and most of us would rather steer clear.
But it reduced my bumps a lot.
Besides, you can pick sugaring over regular wax as it is less painful.
I make my sugar wax at home.
Why choose sugaring over shaving on the vag area?
- Sugaring removes hairs from the root.
- But shaving cuts the hair and makes the new growth prickly.
- And the itchy feeling can make you scratch your skin. Boom! Razor bumps.
- Sugar waxing reduces bumps in your underarms and pubic area.
- But make sure you’re exfoliating your skin, whatever hair removal method you choose.
- When you exfoliate your pubic area regularly, you’d have fewer bumps.
- Because exfoliation unclogs your pores and encourages the hairs to grow out instead of under the skin.
Please read Sugaring Vs Shaving – Which Is Better, And Why for more.
Conclusion on home remedies to get rid of razor bumps on pubic area
So that’s how to get rid of razor bumps with home remedies.
If home remedies don’t work for you, please see a dermatologist to prescribe a good razor bumps cream.
And if you discover that razor bumps won’t go away, try a different hair removal method.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments.
I’ll do my best to answer them.
Thanks for reading.
Please share this post; it would mean everything to me.
Related post you may also like
- How I Got A Perfectly Smooth Pubic Area – Simple Steps
- Sugaring Vs. Shaving – Which Is Better, And Why
- How I Do An At-Home Brazilian Wax With DIY Sugaring Paste
- How To Use Exfoliating Gloves, And Their Benefits
- Personal Hygiene Habits: How To Take Care Of Your Body
- Hard Sugar Wax Recipe | How To Make DIY Sugar Wax
- How To Get Rid Of Dark Underarms Naturally
- Going Commando At Home – Barely Simple Tips To Guide You