Last Updated on by Bree
Can you Brazilian wax yourself at home?
Yes, you can.
This post will show you how to do an at-home Brazilian wax with homemade sugaring paste.
So you don’t need those pesky wax strips that hurt like crazy.
Please leave them in the drawer.
This sugaring method is fast, and you can do it when you’re alone. Or if you have kids like me; when they’re in bed.
But make sure your door is locked so kids don’t wander into your room.
We’ll do this Brazilian wax in the bedroom because bathrooms get warm quickly.
Also, it’s uncomfortable to stand while trying to reach your backside.
Yup, you’ll be getting a Brazilian butt too. *wink*
So you’ll sit and get comfy while doing this at-home Brazilian.
I’ve Brazilian waxed myself at home since I learned how to make sugar wax.
So let me show you how to Brazilian wax yourself step by step and stay smooth for four to six weeks.
DISCLOSURE: This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a small commission if you purchase using the links in this post at no extra cost.
- How to prepare for a Brazilian wax at home?
- How to do an at-home Brazilian wax step by step
- How to do a Brazilian butt
- Post-Brazilian wax care
- FAQs about waxing the pubic area
- Let’s wrap up! How to Brazilian wax yourself at home
How to prepare for a Brazilian wax at home?
First, make your sugaring paste.
Here are several homemade sugar wax recipes.
- Sugar Wax Without Lemon – DIY Hair Removal Wax Recipe
- Easy Microwave Sugar Wax For Removing Unwanted Hair
- Homemade Hard Sugaring Wax Recipe | How To Sugar Wax.
- DIY Honey Sugar Wax Recipe | How To Make
You can buy this sugaring paste if you don’t have time to make sugar wax at home.
Some people prefer to exfoliate before a Brazilian, but I like to do it after.
On the day of your Brazilian, please don’t drink coffee just before waxing. It’s going to make your waxing session painful.
Next, get your essentials ready.
Essentials to do an at-home Brazilian wax
A full-length mirror – You’d be sitting in front of it to get a good view of your area.
A fan – make sure your room is well-ventilated to keep from sweating.
Four sheets of paper towel folded – This is to dab moisture from your skin.
A chair – You need it to sit in front of your mirror. But you can sit on your bed if it’s in front of the mirror.
A towel – spread the towel on your bed or chair to protect it from sugar wax stains.
Baking soda – for post-waxing exfoliation.
Homemade sugar wax – for your Brazilian wax.
A tweezer – to pluck out short hairs.
How to do an at-home Brazilian wax step by step
If you’re waxing in the morning, please don’t drink coffee.
You can drink it after you finish waxing.
Or you drink your coffee in the morning and do your Brazilian at night.
- Take your underwear off, and wear the towel around your waist.
- Then sit on the chair or bed in front of the mirror and spread the towel.
- Next, open your legs wide, and dab your privates with the paper towel to remove moisture.
- Then knead your sugar wax, and apply it to the middle part of your privates first.
- Pull the skin taut before applying the sugaring wax.
- Once you’ve finished with the middle area, wax the bikini area.
- Then check if you missed any hair.
- If yes, wax the hairs or tweeze them if they’re too short.
- Next, move to the butt area.
How to do a Brazilian butt
- To do a Brazilian butt, sit on the edge of your chair or bed with legs wide open.
- Sitting on the edge helps you reach your backside easily.
- Dab your butt area before you start waxing.
- Apply the wax on one side at a time.
- Look in the mirror and make sure you’re getting every hair.
- When you’re done, check if you missed any hairs, and wax them out.
- Voila! You’ve done your at-home Brazilian wax.
- The next step is your post-waxing care.
Post-Brazilian wax care
What to put on your feminine part after a Brazilian wax?
- Mix two tbsp. of baking soda with one tsp. of water to make a thick paste.
- Apply the baking soda paste to your waxed skin and scrub gently.
- Scrub in between the skin, your bikini, and your butt area.
- Leave it on for five to ten minutes before rinsing it out with lukewarm water and drying it up with a towel.
- Next, I would moisturize my skin, but you don’t have to if you don’t want to.
- Your skin would feel clean and smooth.
What not to do after waxing?
- Please don’t wear panties after a Brazilian wax.
- Don’t wear any clothes that will touch the skin to prevent chafing. Instead, wear a loose maxi dress.
- Also, don’t use a razor to remove the hairs you missed. Use a tweezer to pluck them out instead.
- I also read that condoms and lubricants may harm your freshly waxed skin. So keep them at bay for 24 hours.
- Lastly, don’t use feminine deodorants after a Brazilian wax for at least 24 hours.
FAQs about waxing the pubic area
Is it better to wax or shave pubic hair?
I believe it’s better to wax pubic hair because:
Shaving only last a few days, while waxing lasts four to weeks.
Also, shaving causes razor bumps because it cuts the top of the hair.
While waxing pulls the hair from the root, so the new growth is softer.
Another thing I notice when I shave pubic hair is how prickly the new growth feels.
Please read Sugaring vs. Shaving – Which Is Better, And Why.
Can pubic hair be too long for Brazilian wax?
And when it is too long, it hurts more when waxing.
But you can trim it down a little before sugaring. Though I’ve never done that before, I’m unsure how much to trim off.
So to avoid having to trim the hairs, just wax regularly.
Brings us to the next question.
How often should you wax your pubic area?
It depends on how fast or slow your pubic hair grows.
But I’d wax pubic hair every four to six weeks.
Best wax for a Brazilian wax at home?
I’d say a homemade sugaring wax is best for an at-home Brazilian wax.
But again, buy this sugaring paste if you don’t have the time and patience for DIY sugar wax.
What position are you in for a Brazilian wax at home?
If you’re doing a Brazilian yourself at home, it’s best to sit in front of a mirror to get a good view of your pubic area.
Does a Brazilian wax include bum crack?
Salons charge more to wax the butt crack.
But if you Brazilian wax yourself at home, please include the butt crack.
You want to be smooth from front to back.
Does Brazilian wax cause skin sag?
I don’t believe Brazilian wax cause sagging.
I’ve been doing Brazilian on myself for more than five years and never noticed sagging skin.
Let’s wrap up! How to Brazilian wax yourself at home
Boom! Steps to get a Brazilian wax at home using homemade sugaring paste.
Remember, you don’t need strips because your sugar wax is thick.
So you can apply it several times to remove all the hairs in your pubic and butt crack.
And you’d stay smooth for weeks.
I hope you find my at-home Brazilian wax steps helpful.
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments.
I’ll do my best to answer them.
Thanks for reading.
Please share this post; it would mean everything to me.
See you in the next one.
You may also enjoy these related posts
- 7 Feminine Hygiene Tips For A Better Down-There Care.
- Personal Hygiene Habits: How To Take Care Of Your Body
- 5 Menstrual Hygiene Tips To Smell Great On Your Period
- How To Shower Properly To Smell Good| Tips For Washing