Last Updated on by Buayifa Ojeogwu
Knowing how to bundle on Mercari is one of the ways you can sell more and make more money.
So as a Mercari seller, you don’t want to feel stuck when a buyer asks to make a bundle for them.
And most importantly, you don’t want to miss an opportunity to make multiple sales in one day.
That’s why I wrote this article to show you how to bundle items for your customers on Mercari.
So the next time a buyer asks for combined shipping, you’d know what to do.
And I’d also show you what to do if a customer asks for a bundle after purchase.
Make sure to read to the end and get a free Mercari bundling printable and other freebies to make selling on Mercari easier.
But if you don’t have time to read, just pin this post for later.
Let’s dive in!
First Of All, What Does Bundle Mean on Mercari?
Bundling on Mercari is shipping several items a customer buys – at the same time – from your Mercari store; as one purchase.
So instead of the buyer paying the individual shipping on each item, they pay just one.
Mercari bundling is sometimes called combined shipping.
So if a buyer says combine shipping, they are still talking about making a bundle.
Bundling on Mercari is quite different from Poshmark because, on Poshmark, buyers can bundle items from a seller’s closet by themselves.
While on Mercari, the seller always creates bundles for the buyers.
Keep reading for steps and pictures on how to make bundles for your Mercari customers.
You may also enjoy Mercari Fees – What You Need To Know Before Getting Started.
How to bundle on Mercari as a seller
Once a buyer has picked the items they want to bundle, follow the steps below.
- Create a whole new listing or edit and update an existing listing with all the pictures of the items the customer is buying.
- Add the cost of the items and make that the new listing price.
- Don’t forget to subtract the discount. That is if you give reductions on bundles.
- Name the new or updated listing with your buyer’s name. For example, a bundle for Bree.
- Update the shipping cost, if needed, because some bundles are heavy. But, you can ignore it if you offered free shipping.
- Deactivate the listings you added to the bundle so other buyers cannot buy them. Since they are no longer available for sale.
- Next, inform the buyer that you have created the bundle so they can pay for it, and you ship the items.
- Only delete the deactivated listings after your customer receives their package and rates you.
- It is this easy.
- Now, there will be times when a Mercari buyer wants a bundle after making a purchase. Here’s what you can do when that happens.
How to bundle on Mercari after purchase
- Tell the buyer to cancel the order, and their reason for canceling would be “for bundling” or “buying bundles”, something like that.
- Then Mercari would send you a cancellation request, and you’d accept, and the order would be cancelled.
- After that, go ahead and make a bundle for the buyer.
Now I understand you may be worried about cancellations because Mercari usually flags accounts that cancel orders a lot.
But if you’re canceling to make bundles, your account would be flagged.
So either you or your customer can cancel the order for bundle creations.
You may also enjoy
- 13 Reseller Supplies You Need To Sell Online.
- How Mercari Works For Sellers Plus Tips To Make Sales.
- Buying On Poshmark: 11 Tips For Beginners
- Selling on Poshmark – How To Start, What You Need To Know
- Poshmark Returns: What To Do When A Buyer Opens A Case, How To Avoid It
How to request a bundle on Mercari as a buyer
Some sellers don’t do bundles, but most do.
And the ones that do bundles normally mention that they can combine shipping for you.
So let’s assume this seller says they sell bundles.
To request a bundle as a buyer, here’s what you should do:
- Send the seller a message that you want to buy several items.
- Then send them a message on every item you want in the bundle.
- And maybe ask if you’ll get a discount and wait for their reply.
Once the seller makes the bundle, they’d inform you. Then you can pay for it.
But if you’re not sure if they sell bundles, then send a chat asking if they do and can make one for you.
If they say yes, then do the same thing I mentioned above. Send a simple chat “this” on each item, so they know exactly what you want to buy.
And the seller would combine everything and ship them together.
You may also enjoy Mercari Buyer Review: How It Works, The Buyers’ Perspective.
Things to Remember When Bundling Items For Buyers on Mercari
- Make sure to deactivate the listings that were added to the bundle
- Don’t forget to update the listing price with the new total.
- Make sure to add the pictures of all the items to the bundle listing. Just in case…
- Let your customer know that the shipping cost may go higher because of the weight of the bundle.
- But if you offered free shipping from the onset, then you can’t charge the buyer for shipping a bundle.
- Make sure to rename the listing with your customer’s name.
- Inform your customer that the bundle has been created so that they can pay right away.
- Lastly, print your shipping label, pack, and ship the order. VOILA!
You may also love Crosslist Cross-posting App: How To Save Time And Make Sales.
Boom! How To Combine Shipping On Mercari
There you have it!
That’s how to bundle on Mercari.
I hope this helps you combine shipping on Mercari easily, make more sales, and ship items without any hassle.
Also, you don’t have to worry about making Mercari bundles after purchase, as such cancellations won’t affect you negatively.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask me.
I will be more than happy to answer them.
Thanks for reading.
Please share this post on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and other social media platforms.