Last Updated on by Buayifa
There is so much information these days about how to shower or bathe properly.
Everyone has somewhat become an expert in bathing and all that. Me inclusive, lol.
Anyway, where I’m from, washing is taken really seriously. Like you have to wash every day.
But this doesn’t mean some people don’t skip showering.
I’m sure certain factors cause that to happen.
So whether you shower every day or not, what’s important is that you do it well whenever.
The reason I’m writing this is that I saw a post about somebody who thinks bathing is washing and rinsing your hair, and when the water runs down your body, you’re clean.
I was like WTH!
Anyway, in this post, I’ll try my hardest to show you how to shower properly every single time.
Let’s dive in.
This post contains affiliate links. This means I earn small commissions when you buy stuff through the links, at no extra cost to you. The commissions are what I use to continue running this blog. I only recommend products I use, love, and trust.
- Step By Step Guide To Shower Properly
- Do you need to shower every day?
Step By Step Guide To Shower Properly
Before we get into this part, here are 7 Shower Essentials You Need For Better Bath Time.
You can open that link in another tab and check it out after reading this post. Well, I’m sure you know what to do.
- Turn on your shower and set the water temperature that’s right for you.
- Then let the water run and soak up your skin, prepping it for washing.
- If you are using exfoliating gloves, put them on, or get your washcloth wet.
- Once your body is soaked enough, using your wet gloves, apply soap to your body.
- No, it’s not gross!
- Even if some people say it is gross to rub your soap on your body.
- Soap is self-cleaning, it washes.
- If you are using a washcloth or sponge, soap your body the same way above.
- Then rub some soap on your sponge or washcloth, before scrubbing with it.
- This step guarantees a very foamy wash, which I believe is good.
- Now move on to scrub your body.
How to wash properly in the shower
Use your soapy sponge or washcloth or exfoliating glove, and wash your:
- neck, chest, shoulders, underarms.
- under your busts.
- scrub your belly and back.
- your thighs – front, and back.
- your butt – around, and in-between.
- don’t let soap get into your private area.
- Then go on to wash your knees, lower legs, and feet,
- scrub your heels, soles, and in-between your toes too.
- Remember to use your finger and your washcloth or shower gloves to wash your outer ear and behind it too.
- Lastly, wash your face in whichever way you prefer.
- Next, rinse under the shower,
- continue cleaning your body with your hands as the water runs down.
- Rinse in-between your thighs and butt in case there’s soap there.
- Once you are done, dry your body and moisturize immediately to prevent drying.
You may also like How To use exfoliating Gloves – 3 Simple And Effective Ways!
How to bathe properly
- First prep your bathwater,
- If you plan to chill for a while in the tub, then make your water warmer than you shower with. So it stays warm for a long time.
- Then wash your body with the guide above before stepping into and relaxing in the bathwater.
- this way, your skin is already clean, so you won’t have to exfoliate anymore.
- Also, your pores will be open to receive the benefits of your bath milk or salt.
- When you are done chilling in the bathtub,(I’d rinse with just water, but you don’t have to).
- Next towel-dry your body and use a body cream to lock in moisture.
Do you need to shower every day?
Because I shower everyday, naturally, I’d advice that you do that too.
And no you don’t have to use a sponge every day if you don’t want to.
You can still wash properly in the shower with your palms and only soap with the steps I mentioned above.
Now I know you may have your reservations about daily showering and I respect that.
But’ keep reading for reasons why you should shower daily.
4 Reasons why you should wash every day
1. You pee every day. Right?
And you most likely wipe with bathroom tissue.
Don’t you think your feminine area would hold on to urine smell if it is not washed daily?
2. You do number two every day too, don’t you?
If not for anything at all, the mere fact that you do number two every day is a reason you should shower daily.
Moreover, some of us use toilet paper after #2, and that does not clean you properly, it just smears stuff around.
But if you bathe or shower every day, you’d have an opportunity to wash your bum with water.
3. Regular discharge down-there
As a woman, you definitely have feminine discharge like every day.
So are you fine with wiping with just toilet paper and wet wipes?
You need to practice better feminine hygiene down-there, and washing your area is one of them.
4. Your menstrual period
Another reason you should consider showering every day is your menstrual period.
Just like when you pee or do number two, you can’t rely on wipes to freshen you up down there all the time.
Wipes are great for emergency freshening up, but when you are at home, try water.
You’d feel so much cleaner, believe me.
Plus, once you are used to washing properly, you would remember to take even better care of yourself during your period.
Boom! That’s a step by step guide to showering and bathing properly every time.
Don’t be scared to wash your skin clean, it is tougher than you think.
And don’t forget what your creams and lotions are for: skin moisturization.
Plus, showering properly will keep you smelling fresh always.
How do you bathe?
Do you know how to properly take a shower?
Please share your steps to wash in the bath and shower with us.
If you enjoyed this post, please share it on Pinterest.
Thanks for reading.