Last Updated on by Buayifa Ojeogwu
Do you know how to shower properly?
What’s your shower routine like?
Over time I’ve noticed that some people don’t know how to take showers properly.
As a matter of fact, some people think taking a shower is washing and rinsing their hair as long as the soapy water runs down your body.
That’s so wrong.
So in this article, we’ll talk about how to take showers properly to smell good.
And we’ll also talk about how to bathe, how to wash your face in the shower, and an after-shower routine.
Let’s dive in.
This post contains affiliate links. This means I earn small commissions when you buy stuff through the links, at no extra cost to you. The commissions are what I use to continue running this blog. I only recommend products I use, love, and trust.
Steps To Shower Properly Every Time
Before we get into this part, here are 7 Shower Essentials You Need For Better Bath Time.
You can open that link in another tab and check it out after reading this post. Well, I’m sure you know what to do.
- Turn on your shower and set the water temperature that’s right for you.
- Then let the water run and soak up your skin, prepping it for washing.
- If you are using exfoliating gloves, put them on, or get your washcloth wet.
- Once your body is soaked enough, using your wet gloves, apply soap to your body.
- No, it’s not gross!
- Even if some people say it is gross to rub your soap on your body.
- Soap is self-cleaning, it washes.
- If you are using a washcloth or sponge, soap your body the same way above.
- Then rub some soap on your sponge or washcloth, before scrubbing with it.
- This step guarantees a very foamy wash, which I believe is good.
- Now move on to scrub your body.
How to take a proper shower to smell good
Use your soapy sponge or washcloth or exfoliating glove, and wash your:
- neck, chest, shoulders, underarms.
- under your busts.
- scrub your belly and back.
- your thighs – front, and back.
- your butt – around, and in-between.
- don’t let soap get into your private area.
- Then go on to wash your knees, lower legs, and feet,
- scrub your heels, soles, and in-between your toes too.
- Remember to use your finger and your washcloth or shower gloves to wash your outer ear and behind it too.
- Lastly, wash your face in whichever way you prefer.
- Next, rinse under the shower,
- continue cleaning your body with your hands as the water runs down.
- Rinse in-between your thighs and butt in case there’s soap there.
- Once you are done, dry your body and moisturize immediately to prevent drying.
How long should your shower last?
I think taking showers can last between 9 and 10 minutes. But it can take longer when you exfoliate with a scrub afterward.
You may also like Exfoliating Gloves: How To Use, The Benefits!
How to bathe properly
- First prep your bathwater,
- If you plan to chill for a while in the tub, then make your water warmer than you shower with. So it stays warm for a long time.
- Then wash your body with the guide above before stepping into and relaxing in the bathwater.
- this way, your skin is already clean, so you won’t have to exfoliate anymore.
- Also, your pores will be open to receive the benefits of your bath milk or salt.
- When you are done chilling in the bathtub,(I’d rinse with just water, but you don’t have to).
- Next towel-dry your body and use a body cream to lock in moisture.
How to wash your face in the shower
First, wet your face with your hand shower if you don’t want your hair to get wet.
Next, pour some face soap/wash onto your palms, then wash your face with both hands.
When you are done washing, spray and rinse your face with your hand shower or just stand under the shower to rinse your face.
Pat your face dry, and follow with your face cream.
After shower routine for well-moisturized skin
The best time to moisturize your skin is immediately after taking a shower or bath when it is still damp. So it can lock in moisture.
But if you wait until your skin is completely dry, then it won’t absorb the lotion the way it should.
So make sure to moisturize as soon as you step out of the bath or shower.
Do you need to shower every day?
You don’t have to shower every day, but you can every night. Lol.
Because I take showers every day or night, naturally, I’d advise that you do that too.
And no you don’t have to use a sponge every day if you don’t want to.
You can still wash your body well with your palms and only soap with the steps I mentioned above.
Now I know you may have your reservations about taking showers daily and I respect that.
But keep reading for reasons why you should take showers daily.
5 Reasons why you should take showers every day
1. You’d feel clean and comfortable
When you shower properly daily, you’d feel fresh, clean, and comfortable in your clothes.
Also, daily washing and exfoliation removes dead skin cells and excess oil, encourages blood flow to the skin, and makes you glow naturally.
Of course, you need to moisturize your skin every day after taking showers or baths.
2. You pee every day. Right?
The fact that you pee every day and most likely wipe down there with bathroom tissue, is a reason to take showers daily.
In case you don’t know, let me be the first to tell you that urine smell lingers in your feminine area.
So how do you smell or feel fresh if you stink down there?
Imagine wiping with tissue or wet wipes five days in a row, and then waiting till the end of the week to take a shower.
Washing daily is one of the best ways to thoroughly wash down there, and feel fresh every day.
3. You do number two every day too, don’t you?
Just like peeing, most of us wipe with toilet tissue (instead of wet wipes or bidet) after number two.
I believe showering daily is an opportunity for you to wash whatever’s left in the crack after wiping with bathroom tissue.
4. Regular discharge down-there
As a woman, you definitely have feminine discharge like every day.
So are you fine with wiping with just toilet paper and wet wipes?
You need to practice better feminine hygiene down there, and washing your area is one of them.
5. Your menstrual period
Another reason you should consider showering every day is your menstrual period.
Just like when you pee or do number two, you can’t rely on wipes to freshen you up down there all the time.
Wipes are great for emergency freshening up, but when you are at home, try water.
You’d feel much cleaner, believe me.
Plus, once you are used to taking showers every day, you would remember to take even better care of yourself during your period.
Conclusion On How To Take Showers Properly
Boom! That’s a step-by-step guide to taking showers and baths properly.
Don’t be scared to wash your skin clean, it is tougher than you think.
And don’t forget what your creams and lotions are for, skin moisturization.
Plus, showering properly will keep you smelling good always.
How do you bathe?
Do you know how to take showers?
Please share your steps for taking showers and baths with us.
If you enjoyed this post, please share it on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media channels.
Thanks for reading.