Last Updated on by Buayifa Ojeogwu
Guys, that baking soda sitting in your pantry is not just for cookies. You can make homemade coconut baking soda scrub bars with it.
These scrub bars are ideal for those of us that feel DIY sugar scrubs are too coarse for our tender skin.
And with the air becoming very dry as we approach the Fall season, this scrub will work wonders in terms of exfoliation and moisture-lock.
Like other homemade body scrubs, this exfoliant is budget-friendly. If it were not, I would tell you.
Now let’s make these cute DIY body scrub bars with baking soda and coconut oil.
How To Make DIY Coconut Baking Soda Scrub Bars
- Baking soda – 1 cup,
- Coconut oil – 1/4 cup,
- Essential oils (optional),
- Soap dye (optional) for more fun and colorful bars.
- Cupcake tray & paper cups,
- A bowl & spoon for mixing, scooping, and molding.
- First, line your baking tray with the cupcake paper cups,
- Then go on to mix the baking soda and coconut oil.
- When both ingredients are well-combined and moistened, your scrub is ready to go in the cupcake cups.
- Now scoop the homemade coconut baking soda scrub into the cups.
- 2-3 spoons per cup are just right, but it also depends on the size of the scrub bars you prefer.
- Once all the cups are filled, using the back of the spoon; press down the scrub to mold it into the paper cups, then smoothen the top.
- Then refrigerate them for a few hours or overnight.
- This is to harden the coconut oil so the scrub bars hold a solid shape until you are ready to use them.
- As the bars chill, they would stick to the tray because of oil, but surely they should come out with a little nudge.
- When the scrub is firm, they would peel off the paper cups easily.
How To Use Your DIY Baking Soda Coconut Oil Scrub Bars
Take note before you begin:
Your bathtub or shower cubicle may be slippery because of the oil, so please be very careful.
- After a warm shower, pat the water off your skin just to leave the skin damp.
- Then pick a scrub bar and apply it to your skin the way you would a soap bar. (I used it on my face too. But you don’t have to)
- Exfoliate in circular motions, then let it sit for several minutes.
- Rinse off the coconut baking soda scrub completely with lukewarm water.
- Your skin would be oily but nothing uncomfortable, at least for me.
- Do not dry skin after the rinse. You’d be wiping off the coconut oil which your skin requires for extra moisturization. Instead, let the water dry on its own.
- You may apply a little more coconut oil to your heels, elbows, and knees if needed.
- The next day, you would notice healthy-looking soft smooth skin. I used it at night.
I prefer to do my skincare routines just before bedtime, so I can wake up flawless.
You may also love How To Wake Up Beautiful Everyday. I Woke Up Like This! Flawless!
How To Store Your Baking Soda Scrub Bars
You can either leave these exfoliating bars in the paper cups in an airtight container and use one at a time. Or peel off the cups and store these bars in a wide-mouth jar in your refrigerator.
These would last on your countertop on cold days, but I’d rather store them in the fridge. And since they contain zero amount of water, these scrub bars would stay preserved for months.
Unless you use them up quickly because they are that good.
You may also love DIY Green Tea Sugar Scrub Cubes.
Let’s wrap up!
Boom! That’s how to create homemade cooconut baking soda scrub bars.
I hope this helps protect your skin from the dry weather we would be experiencing these coming months.
Did you make your own DIY coconut baking soda scrub bars?
We would love to see your pictures and also learn from your experience.
Remember, you can tweak the ingredients to your preference or even add a few drops of your favorite essential oils. That’s the beauty of making DIY skincare products.
Please share this post, it would mean the world to me.
Thanks for stopping by.