Last Updated on by Bree
If storebought bath salts don’t fit your budget, try your hands on a DIY bath salts recipe infused with essential oils.
This DIY bath salt recipe is inexpensive and easy to make. And the best part is that you can customize it to your preference.
But be careful with the eucalyptus oil.
And, if you don’t like eucalyptus oil, feel free to substitute it for your favorite essential oil or coconut oil.
One more thing, if you are looking for affordable handmade gifts, try bath salts, sugar scrubs, or even Homemade Hard Sugar Wax.
Now, let me show you how to make this simple citrus bath salt at home.
DISCLOSURE: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you click the links and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission. At no extra cost to you.
How To Make Orange DIY Bath Salts At Home
- 2 cups Epsom salt
- Eucalyptus oil about 10 drops
- 2 Tablespoons Orange zest
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon zest
- Grate around the orange to get the zest.
- Repeat the same method to extract the lemon zest too.
- Then mix the Epsom salt, citrus zest, and eucalyptus oil together in a bowl.
- When all the ingredients are well combined, transfer into a glass jar and place the lid.
- Store this homemade citrus bath salt in your bathroom or refrigerator.
- Or decorate the jar and give as a gift for Fall!
Note: This bath salt would not stay fresh for a long time. The salts would absorb moisture from the orange and lemon peel and dry them up.
To prevent this from happening, you can either use up your bath salt within a short time of preparation or make a single-use batch.
You may also love Natural Products For Skin Care: Everything You Must Know.
How to use DIY bath salts
Add this bath salt to your regular bath water and soak yourself in it.
Here are some other ways you can use this citrus bath salt.
- To soak your tired feet or as part of your at-home pedicure.
- Use it as a foot scrub or whole-body exfoliation after taking a shower.
After using this bath salt, make sure to moisturize your skin immediately to prevent drying.
You may also love to read these related posts:
- DIY Orange Zest Sugar Scrub.
- Homemade Lavender Epsom Salt Foot Scrub – Gorgeous Gift Idea.
- Pink Himalayan Salt Scrub DIY: 3 Ingredients Foot Scrub
- A Simple Epsom Salt Foot Soak For Tired Feet
- Natural Products For Skin Care: Everything You Must Know
DIY Citrus Bath Salts
There you go! Citrus DIY bath salts with eucalyptus oil for stress relief or body exfoliation.
Did you make this bath salt? Please share your pictures with us.
If there are other DIY skincare products you would like to see on this blog, please let me know in the comments.
Don’t forget to pin me.
Thanks for reading!