Last Updated on by Buayifa
All ye scrub lovers, I want to show you how to make DIY foaming sugar coffee scrub under $3.
Yes, you read that right.
I bet you know by now that I live on a very tight budget, but I gotta take care of myself notwithstanding.
So this DIY foaming sugar scrub is extremely cheap, and it deep cleanses your skin.
The products used costs only $2 and the finished product costs less than a dollar.
Everything you need to make this scrub is readily available in your house.
Otherwise, you can get them from a department store.
Between, there is a step by step slideshow of how to make the scrub below.
But if you are not a fan of foaming scrubs, check out this DIY coffee honey scrub with used and unused coffee grounds.
With that being said, let’s make our foaming sugar coffee scrub.
DISCLOSURE: This post contains affiliate links! This means that if you purchase through a link on this post, I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you).
How To Make A Foaming DIY Sugar Coffee Scrub
To make sure our budget stays under $3, you don’t have to buy any containers.
You can use any old wide-mouth container in your bathroom or kitchen.
I usually use old condiments jars with lids or the bowl pictured above.
So these are the things you would need
- a bowl and a spoon to mix
- an empty wide-mouth container with a lid
- 1-ounce body wash
- 1 cup of sugar (white or brown), it doesn’t change anything
- 1 tbsp coffee.
- measure the amount of body wash, into a bowl
- Add the sugar and mix it
- the mixture should be thick like ice cream, if not add more sugar
- add the coffee
- transfer the thick foaming DIY sugar coffee scrub into a wide mouth container
- store in your bathroom or refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
You may also love DIY Coffee Honey Body Scrub – Used & Unused Coffee Grounds
How To Make A Runny DIY Foaming Sugar Coffee Scrub
If you prefer a runny foamy sugar scrub, use a bottle instead of a jar to store it. And you can skip the coffee in this scrub recipe.
- Add more body wash, less sugar, and coffee into a measuring cup and mix to your desired consistency,
- pour the runny sugar coffee scrub into an empty bottle, place the cap,
- and keep it in your bathroom.
You may also love this Foaming Whipped Aromatherapy Sugar Scrub.
How To Use Foaming Sugar Scrub
Because this is a foaming exfoliant, there are two ways you can use it.
- Use it to exfoliate your whole body after a shower. Then rinse off, and moisturize your skin.
- Use it straight with exfoliating gloves for a refreshing shower. Don’t forget to moisturize after.
You may also enjoy How To Use Exfoliating Gloves – 3 Simple And Effective Ways.
What to look out for in the runny foaming sugar coffee scrub
- This scrub does not contain an emulsifier, so expect it to settle or separate when it is stored.
- But you can give it a little shake before using it again.
- Also, the sugar would melt into the body wash after some time.
- I think it makes the body wash richer in texture, and I like it.
- Lastly, if there’s less sugar than body wash, feel free to add more sugar.
That’s how to make DIY foaming sugar coffee scrub under $3, both thick and runny consistency.
Remember that you can skip the coffee your runny sugar scrub.
So with just a bottle of body wash, a pack of sugar, and coffee, you can make a foaming sugar coffee scrub at home.
Thanks for reading!
Please don’t forget to share this post on your favourite social media channels.