Last Updated on by Buayifa
Sundays are for DIY skincare recipes, and today I’m coming at you with a DIY Vanilla sugar scrub.
This skin exfoliant was one of the first homemade skincare posts I published on this blog.
I only just started blogging when I wrote about it.
And because I was really broke, I didn’t even have ingredients to make it or take good pictures.
And as time went on, I started buying ingredients and made more DIY skincare products, but I never updated this post.
So today, I recreated this vanilla extract sugar scrub with my daughter and thought I’d share it with you.
Let’s get started.
How To Make Vanilla Sugar Scrub For Body Exfoliation
Before we begin, I just wanted to let you know that you can print this recipe card.
Just click the yellow round print button and it would take you to a print page.
Or if you don’t have time to read or print, just pin the recipe to Pinterest, and read it later.
You may also like Coconut Sugar Scrub – Valentine’s Day Gift Idea.
How to use your vanilla sugar scrub
As always, I encourage you to wash your skin before you exfoliate it.
And that’s because it is the best way to get maximum benefits from your scrub.
Plus, if your skin is dirty and you exfoliate – especially with an oily scrub – you would only be coating your clogged pores with oil.
If you don’t believe me, gently scratch your skin and look at the dirt collected in your fingernail.
Steps to use the body scrub
- Before you take a shower, scoop the amount of scrub you need into a small bowl you use in the bathroom.
- So that you won’t have to use your wet fingers.
- Also, the leftover scrub in the original container would be safe and preserved for your next use.
- Next, apply this DIY vanilla sugar scrub all over your clean skin, and exfoliate gently.
- Then rinse it off after several minutes, and dab the water off your skin or leave it to dry up on its own.
- I would not apply moisturizers to my skin.
- But you can if you want to – especially to your elbows, knees, and heels.
- Put on your clothes, and go about your business as usual.
- Make sure to wash the oil in your bathtub or shower to prevent slipping accidents.
You may also like 29 Simple DIY Skincare Recipes To Make Right Now!
So that’s how to make a vanilla sugar scrub to exfoliate your body at home.
Did you make this scrub? Please share it on Instagram and tag @budgetandmomjeans.
Also, please share it on Pinterest and Facebook.
Thanks for reading.
Until next time,.