Last Updated on by Buayifa Ojeogwu
Here’s an easy DIY oatmeal brown sugar scrub for exfoliation and adding moisture to thirsty dry skin.
This scrub is a bit different from the other ones I’ve made.
It has a cookie crumb texture, not too wet, not too dry, and it smells so good. Try to not eat it. Lol.
Also, this DIY oatmeal coconut oil body scrub is not as coarse as plain homemade sugar scrubs.
So it is a good alternative if you prefer pasty sugar scrubs.
Watch the video on how to prepare it if you don’t want to read it all the way.
Let’s get started.
Oatmeal Brown Sugar Scrub Recipe
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of oatmeal flour
- 4 tbsp of coconut oil
If you prefer to make a bigger batch of the oatmeal body scrub, go ahead and double the ingredient measurements.
- Start by mixing all three ingredients in a bowl and check the consistency.
- Add more oil if you prefer a runnier or creamy scrub.
- Or you can leave it crumbly like mine.
You may also enjoy Homemade Oatmeal Coffee Scrub – How To Make It.
How to use your oatmeal and coconut oil body scrub
- This scrub is crumbly but gets creamy and pasty when you apply it to your damp skin.
- Make sure your skin is more wet than damp so that the oatmeal can produce its milk and treat your skin even more.
- Get a small bowl, and add the amount of scrub enough for your whole body before taking a shower.
- Apply the oatmeal coconut oil body scrub to wet clean skin, then exfoliate in gentle motions.
- Let it sit for several minutes, then thoroughly rinse it off under the shower.
- Drying your skin with a towel isn’t an option here because you’d only be wiping away the coconut oil meant to moisturize your skin. And also getting your towel stained with oil.
- Instead, let the water on your skin dry up on its own.
- Then get dressed and relax.
You may also love DIY Honey Oatmeal Face Mask For At-home Facials.
How to store your oatmeal brown sugar scrub
This scrub would stay fresh in the refrigerator for weeks or even months as long as it doesn’t come in contact with water.
And to prevent contamination caused by water, use a dry spoon to scoop the amount you need for skin exfoliation, and save the rest. Or make a little batch at a time.
You may also love 11 Benefits Of Oats For Skincare.
So that’s how to make a DIY oatmeal body scrub with brown sugar and coconut oil.
This homemade oatmeal sugar scrub is ideal for dry and rough skin caused by the weather. It helps restore moisture to dry skin and also heal cracked heels.
One of its best qualities is how it becomes creamy when applied to moistened skin.
Did you make this DIY body scrub?
Please share your pictures and experience with us.
Thanks for reading! Remember to share this post.