Last Updated on by Buayifa
I’m quite sure y’all are enjoying spring.
But here in Lagos Nigeria, it’s sizzling hot, I might just have to walk around in bikinis (hahaha).
As we all are experiencing the heatwave in our different continents, the skin takes the fall.
Talk about when two elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers.
Sunburn, discoloration, and hyperpigmentation are some of the results of sun overexposure.
And the cucumber has just the right properties to rescue your skin.
Okay, so today I will be showing you what to do with Mr. Cucumber lazying around in your refrigerator.
We are going to make a DIY cucumber face spritz for less than $10.
Let’s get started!
How To Make A DIY Cucumber Face Spritz
To make a simple cucumber face spritz, here are the things you need:
- 1 big cucumber
- 500ml water
- 1 tbsp coconut or Olive oil
- 1 capsule Vitamin E oil
- 5 to 8 drops essential oil
Items to use
- A sieve
- A dropper
- A clean bowl
- A spray bottle, and
- A potato peeler or a knife.
- Wash and peel the cucumber, cut it into little chunks (for easy blending),
- Put into a blender, add the water and blend it into a puree.
- Sieve to separate the pulp from the liquid.
- Then pour the juice into a spray bottle.
- Add the coconut oil(or your preferred carrier oil), Vit E plus 5 to 8 drops of Essential oil.
- Lastly, shake the spray bottle vigorously to mix well and Voila! Your Cucumber spritz is ready.
- Do a patch test on your hand before you use it to avoid burns.
You may also love 9 Affordable Ingredients For DIY Skincare For Glowing Beautiful Skin
How and when to use this DIY cucumber face spritz
It is ideal to use this DIY cucumber face and neck spritz after sun exposure.
If you use this before going out in the sun, it may burn your skin cause of the essential oils in it.
And you can also use it as a part of your night skincare routine.
Just spray it on your clean skin and see your skin become supple and moisturized.
You may also like Simple Ice Cube Face Pack – Glow In 5 Minutes.
There you have it.
Your very own DIY cucumber face spritz for less than 10$ (#3,650).
Do well to try it out and let me know the outcome.
I’ll be in the comments to answer questions.
And for further questioning, just send an email to [email protected]
I will be waiting!
Another green DIY skincare product you should check out is the aloe vera sugar scrub.
Remember to pin me.