Last Updated on by Buayifa
After making and using this DIY coffee honey scrub, you would definitely add an extra pack of coffee grounds to your grocery list.
But if that would shake your budget, never mind.
You can make this coffee honey body polish with both used and unused coffee grounds.
And you’d still get an awesome body polish.
The best thing about this scrub is that it gets better with time…like fine wine.
This scrub can be added to your DIY home spa day and you won’t be disappointed.
Now let’s go make it.
How To Make A DIY Coffee Honey Body Scrub
To make this DIY coffee honey scrub you need
- 1 cup coffee grounds,
- 1/2 cup honey or more,
- A bowl and spoon to mix,
- A container with a lid.
- Mix both ingredients together in the bowl, and transfer your scrub into your glass jar/container with a lid.
- Store the coffee body scrub in your refrigerator or counter for a few days before using it.
- Just to give the coffee and honey some time to bond and thicken up.
- This makes your DIY coffee honey scrub even richer.
- After a few days, the coffee would have soaked up the honey and the scrub would become thick and sticky.
- You can add a little more honey just to loosen it up.
- And you would see the brown richness of coffee and honey when applying it to your skin.
Now let’s make this same scrub with used coffee grounds.
Directions for making a DIY coffee honey body scrub with used coffee grounds
- First, make sure your used coffee grounds are completely dry before mixing them with honey.
- If it is wet, the scrub would be too runny and makes it difficult to use.
- Additionally, the wetness can make your coffee scrub go bad after a few days.
- You know you don’t want that.
How To Dry Used Coffee Grounds
- Spread your used coffee grounds thinly on a flat tray or baking sheet and sun-dry it.
- Toss it about now and then, just to make sure every grain dries up.
- When it is completely dry, pour it into an airtight container and store it in a cool dry place.
- Or use it immediately if you wish.
How To Use This DIY Coffee Honey Body Scrub
- As usual, it is ideal to exfoliate your skin after it has been washed.
- So after a shower, make sure to pat your skin with a towel until it is just damp.
- Then apply the DIY coffee honey scrub evenly all over your body.
- After that, gently scrub in circular motions.
- You would notice the thick creamy coffee honey mixture.
- You won’t get that if you made and used your scrub the same day.
- Let the scrub sit for about 10 to 15 minutes or as long as you wish.
- Then rinse it off under the shower.
- Your skin would feel smooth, refreshed, and deeply moisturized.
- You can dry your skin with a towel afterward and apply light moisturizer.
Benefits Of Coffee & Honey To The Skin
There are lots of benefits of using coffee and honey on the skin but let’s look at a few.
- Normally exfoliation gets rid of dead skin, but this DIY coffee body scrub also polishes your skin in the process.
- Coffee is a great home remedy for dark pigmentation on the skin, especially on the butt and thighs.
- Coffee mixed with honey is an excellent solution for strawberry skin.
- While the coffee grounds exfoliate and slough off dead skin cells, it also opens up the pores to absorb the moisturizing benefits of honey.
- Plus the honey moisturizes and brightens the skin, showing your skin’s natural glow.
- This homemade body scrub is almost an all-rounder as it also fights acne on the face and body.
You may also like DIY Coffee Sugar Scrub – Handmade Gift Idea
And that’s how to make a DIY coffee honey scrub with used and unused coffee grounds.
You can use it as a quick face glow scrub or mask to clear and brighten your face before applying makeup.
It is my go-to DIY scrub recipe for a home spa day, and I always love how my skin feels after using it.
Did you make this scrub?
Please share your pictures and experience using it with us.
Thanks for reading!
Please be a darling and share this post with your friends.