Last Updated on by Buayifa
These attractive-looking DIY chocolate scrub bars are the perfect treat for your skin as we approach the chilly months. However, they can be used at any time of the year if you don’t mind some coconut oil goodness once in a while.
The ingredients in this DIY sugar scrub are similar to those you’d find in a brownie recipe.
It contains brown sugar known to give brownies a fudgy center, thick coconut oil, and unsweetened cocoa powder for a rich-tasting brownie. Unfortunately, you can’t munch on these, but your skin would appreciate them.
Though I didn’t add vanilla extract to mine, you can add a few drops to yours for an extra delicious aroma.
Also, feel free to create these in any shape you prefer, and wrap them up as handmade holiday gifts.
Just make sure to label them “Chocolate Body Scrub Bars”. So your loved ones know exactly what they were meant for.
Let’s go make them.
This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a small commission when you click the links, and make purchases. I only recommend products I love and trust.
How to make DIY chocolate body scrub bars
To create a fudgy chocolate exfoliating bars, you need just three ingredients:
- 1 – 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder,
- 1 cup packed brown sugar,
- 1/4 cup thick coconut oil
- a few drops of vanilla extract (optional).
And a few other items:
- cupcake or muffin tin,
- paper cups,
- a bowl, and a spoon.
Start by lining a cupcake tray with paper cups. Then mix the sugar, cocoa powder, and coconut oil in a bowl. When all three ingredients are well combined, scoop the scrub into your cups.
Using a spoon, press down the tops to form the shapes and also to smoothen the bars. Then keep the tray in your fridge for a few minutes or overnight to give the bars time to solidify.
After several hours, the chocolate scrub bars are ready to use, and they can easily peel off the paper cups.
So do not hesitate to remove the cups and store your exfoliating bars in a mason jar or a container with an airtight lid.
This DIY cocoa sugar scrub bars would last months in the refrigerator. However, that still depends on how often you use them.
Additionally, it is possible to double the recipe to make more or bigger size chocolate scrub bars. And also shape them up in ice trays instead of muffin tins.
How to use your DIY chocolate body scrub bars
- Before exfoliation, make sure your skin is clean, so it gets the utmost benefits from the products used.
- Then apply this scrub just the way you use a soap bar on clean damp skin. The warmth from your skin would melt the coconut oil which makes the product spread easily.
- Then with gentle circular movements, exfoliate your whole body, and let it sit for several minutes. When you are ready, rinse off the scrub with lukewarm water.
- Now don’t be tempted to grab a towel to dab off the water on your body. There’s no need for that. Allow the water droplets evaporate on their own.
- The only extra thing you need do is moisturize your elbows, knees, and feet with coconut oil or a moisturizer of your choice.
For chocolate sugar scrub benefits, see Cocoa Benefits For Skin: Chocolate Isn’t Just For Dessert.
A Few Things To Look Out For With This DIY Chocolate Sugar Scrub Bars
- First and foremost, this scrub is not coarse or tough on the skin. I believe it has to do with the packed brown sugar tiny granules. So if you worry about sugar granules, don’t fret, you’re fine.
- This homemade chocolate sugar scrub is messy, though not as much as the DIY coffee sugar scrub.
- It may leave some stain in your bathtub or shower curtain, but nothing soap and water can’t remove.
- Also, these melt and apply easily to the skin, thanks to the warmth of your body.
- Lastly, remember to wash the tub or shower cubicle before you step out to prevent slipping.
Boom! Make Your Own Fudgy Homemade Chocolate Exfoliating Bars
There you go! That’s how to make fudgy DIY chocolate body scrub bars with real unsweetened cocoa powder and brown sugar.
As tempting as it may be, please refrain from eating these.
Lastly, if you are looking for handmade gift ideas, this is one your friends would love. Especially because they might be tempted to eat it, but they just can’t. That sounds interesting to me. LOL.
Did you make these cocoa powder exfoliating bars? Please share your pictures, and let us know your thoughts.
Thanks for stopping by.
Remember to pin me.