Last Updated on by Buayifa
While summer is moving pretty fast, let’s quickly sneak in some instant glow with a DIY aloe vera sugar scrub.
Say goodbye to expensive store-bought scrubs and hello glow on a budget scrub.
This scrub is a must-have skincare product to add to your self-care or home spa days.
But before we proceed, let’s talk about a couple of benefits of the aloe vera plant to the skin.
Benefits Of Using Aloe Vera On The Skin
Now, aloe vera is a cactus-like plant (succulent plants) known for it’s healing properties. The leaves contain vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants which help in treating burns, rash, psoriasis, etc.
It hydrates the skin, locks in moisture, helps the top layer of skin stick together, which results in smooth, soft skin.
And that’s why it is one of the most sort-after plants in the cosmetics industry.
Let’s go make the scrub.
How To Make A DIY Aloe Vera Sugar Scrub
You need only a few ingredients and a container to bring this DIY aloe vera sugar scrub to life.
- Aloe vera plant,
- white sugar, and
- body oil.
- Cut up freshly plucked aloe vera leaf, use a spoon to scoop the aloe vera gel, then muddle with a muddler or use a blender.
- Pour the gel into a clean jar,
- add your granulated sugar (enough to thicken the aloe juice)
- plus a few drops of your preferred body oil.
- Mix it up until all the ingredients are well-combined, and use it all up the same day it was prepared.
How To Use Your DIY Aloe Vera Sugar Scrub
This cannot be over-emphasized; always make sure your skin is clean before exfoliating.
- Wash and dry your skin with a towel (leave it a bit damp), then apply the scrub and exfoliate gently to slough dead skin cells away.
- Rinse off first with warm water, and follow with cold water afterward to close pores.
- You will notice the smoothness of skin, instant glow up, the disappearance of fine lines, and a lot more.
- Lastly, apply a light moisturizer to retain moisture to the skin.
How to store your homemade aloe vera scrub
Unfortunately, this scrub can’t be preserved for another use, as water and sugar harden when they come in contact with air.
The same goes for this homemade lemon sugar hand scrub though it contains coconut oil.
Even if you were able to keep your aloe vera sugar scrub from solidifying, it would most likely get contaminated as fresh plant scrubs have short shelf lives.
Always prepare a fresh batch for each use.
You may also love DIY Kiwi Sugar Scrub Made In The Kitchen – All-natural Skin Exfoliant.
Let’s Wrap Up!
Now you know how to make a DIY aloe vera sugar scrub for an instant glow.
It’s so easy and affordable to make, so you have no excuses.
Go on, try this, and let us know your experience.
I recommend an aloe plant for every home. Don’t say I didn’t give you anything this summerrrr…toodles!
Please remeber to share this post on your favorite social media channels.
Thanks for reading!