Last Updated on by Bree
With Valentine’s day just a couple of weeks away, I thought to share this heart-shaped coconut sugar scrub with you (my readers).
This scrub is so easy to make, friendly on the pocket and makes a great Valentine’s gift.
But let me point out quickly that the pink color you see is food coloring, and you can skip it.
It would not affect the quality and shapes of your DIY coconut scrub.
And I added vanilla because my coconut oil is aroma-free.
Personally, I prefer coconut oil with a rich coconut aroma.
And you can use any cookie-cutter of your choice.
So let’s go make it.
DISCLAIMER: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you click a link and make a purchase, I will earn a small commission. At no extra cost to you. I only recommend products I trust.
How To Make A Heart-Shaped DIY Coconut Sugar Scrub
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil (I used aroma-free coconut oil because that’s what I have in my kitchen).
- A few drops of red soap dye.
- Vanilla extract
- Heart-shaped cookie-cutter
Yield – 6 heart-shaped coconut sugar scrub
You can use 1 cup of sugar to 1/4 cup of coconut oil for a smaller quantity.
- Mix the sugar with the coconut oil in a bowl,
- Add some red soap dye.
- Add some vanilla or skip it (you can skip the vanilla if your coconut oil has a coconut aroma),
- Mix everything until it is well combined. It would look like cookie dough (don’t eat it!)
- Then place your cookie cutter(s) on a tray or casserole dish lined with parchment paper (so it doesn’t stick to the dish)
- Put spoonful scrub into the cookie-cutter and press down to fill every space,
- Then gently lift the cookie-cutter.
- Use the same method to make more until you have used up all the scrub
- Then store them in the refrigerator to harden, (it shouldn’t take too long if you used thick coconut oil).
- If you are giving these as gifts, make sure to use a flat bag or box. (Just to keep the shapes intact).
This heart-shaped sugar coconut scrub makes a cute Valentine’s Day gift.
You may also love DIY Green Tea Sugar Scrub Cubes With Coconut Oil
That’s how to make a simple DIY heart-shaped coconut sugar scrub for Valentine’s Day.
I hope you can add this to your Valentine’s gift list and make someone happy.
Wishing you an early Happy Valentine’s Day!
Did you make these?
Please share your pictures in the comments.
And remember to share this post on your favorite social media channels.
Thanks for reading!