Last Updated on by Buayifa
Hey! Let’s celebrate this Sunday with a DIY brown sugar honey scrub.
This DIY sugar scrub is excellent for face, lips, and body exfoliation.
And the best part? It is easy to make and also very pocket-friendly.
So in this post, we’ll cover:
- how to make a brown sugar honey scrub,
- how to use it, and
- steps to follow for maximum benefits.
Let’s dive in.
Too busy to read? Pin this picture to Pinterest, for later.
How To Make Brown Sugar Honey Scrub
This DIY Honey brown sugar scrub recipe is a sweet and sticky situation, but it is worth it. Lol.
- I cup packed brown sugar,
- 1/4 or 1/2 cup honey,
- vanilla extract (optional)
- Mix the honey, brown sugar, and vanilla in a wide bowl.
- Then scoop it into a container with a tight lid.
- The scrub would be grainy at first because the sugar hasn’t completely blended into the honey.
- But after 24 hours, both ingredients would melt into each other and you’d have yourself a sticky caramel brown sugar honey scrub.
- Also, the scrub would settle when you are not using it.
- So remember to give it a good stir with a tough fork or spoon before using it.
- I mean it when I said this scrub is a sticky situation.
Other DIY scrubs containing honey you’d love is this DIY Mandarin Honey Sugar Scrub.
How to use your brown sugar honey scrub
- First, use a dry spoon to scoop the amount of scrub you need before getting in the shower. This is just a precautionary step to preserve what’s left in the container.
- After taking a warm shower, dry your skin but leave it slightly damp.
- Then start by applying the brown sugar honey scrub to your face and neck, then your underarms before going all over your body.
- NOTE: As you scrub, the heat from your body would make the honey runny. But it’s nothing to worry about.
- Scrub gently and leave it on your skin for about 10 – 15 minutes, then wash with warm water.
- Your skin and palms would feel smooth and soft.
- You can proceed with your after-shower routine or try the tips below for extra benefits.
You may also love DIY Coffee Honey Scrub – Used/Unused Coffee Grounds.
Steps to follow for maximum benefits
- After rinsing off the scrub, dab the water with a towel.
- Then apply olive oil all over your body.
- Your skin would feel very warm and delicious. But you’re not done yet.
- Now go back into the shower, but this time, use tepid water all over to cool your body down and lock in moisture.
- Do not dry your skin after this. Let the water dry up on its own.
- Then get dressed, and do whatever you have on your to-do list.
- No need to use more moisturizers unless on your heels, your knees, and elbows.
How to scrub your lips
You can either scrub your lips in the shower just as you exfoliate your face. But for regular days, follow these steps:
- Use a popsicle stick to scoop a tiny amount of brown sugar honey scrub onto your fingertip.
- Next, scrub your lips with your fingers.
- Then rinse or wipe it off after a few minutes, and apply lip balm. I prefer Carmex.
- Your lips would feel soft and luscious.
So there you have it, DIY brown sugar scrub for face, lips, and body exfoliation.
For more sugar scrubs recipes, check out 29 DIY Skincare recipes.
Did you make this brown sugar honey scrub? Please share your pictures on Instagram and tag us @budgetandmomjeans.
Thanks for reading!
Remember to pin the pictures to Pinterest.