Last Updated on by Buayifa
Hey! Are you looking for DIY skincare ingredients to make scrubs and masks in your kitchen?
Or you think the ingredients to make them are too expensive?
Don’t worry because I got you covered.
This post will show you ten affordable DIY skincare ingredients and recipes you can try today for glowing skin.
And by the time you’re done reading this, you’d have an idea of the first or next product you want to whip up.
Let’s get started.
DISCLAIMER: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase an item using the links on this post, I may earn a small commission. At no extra cost to you.
- Ingredients For DIY Skincare Recipes
- 1. Aloe Vera for post-waxing skincare and DIY body scrub
- 2. Orange Peel for homemade face masks and scrubs
- 3. Oatmeal for DIY face masks and skin exfoliation
- 4. Baking soda to get rid of dark pigmentation on the skin
- 5. Apple cider vinegar for DIY facial cleansers
- 6. Coconut oil as an anti-aging moisturizer
- 7. Lemon for hand and foot scrub recipes
- 8. Sugar for skin exfoliation and DIY sugar wax
- 9. Honey for glowing younger-looking skin
- 10. Cucumber for skin hydration
- Boom! Budget-friendly DIY Skincare Recipes And Ingredients
10 Ingredients For DIY Skincare Recipes
1. Aloe Vera for post-waxing skincare and DIY body scrub
Aloe vera gel is a powerful ingredient you can add to your DIY skincare recipes. It is excellent for calming your skin post waxing, can be used in homemade face masks, even hair masks.
How to use aloe vera after waxing
Cut open an aloe plant and blend the inside to make a consistent gel, then apply it to your waxed skin. The gel soothes your skin and restores moisture to it.
You can also use aloe for homemade sugar scrubs. Check out this DIY aloe vera sugar scrub recipe.
See 7 Mistakes Ruining Your Wax Results – How To Fix Them for more details about post-waxing care.
2. Orange Peel for homemade face masks and scrubs
Orange peel has so many benefits to the skin and your health in general. Because of its high vitamin C content, orange zest can be used as a purifying skin lightener.
When using orange peel or zest on your skin, take caution so that you don’t burn your skin.
3. Oatmeal for DIY face masks and skin exfoliation
Oatmeal is a staple meal in most homes, so it is an affordable and available ingredient for DIY skincare.
You can use oatmeal for homemade face masks, body scrubs, and milk baths.
Oatmeal face masks help to tighten wide facial pores, removes impurities from the skin, making it smooth and fresh.
It also gets rid of excess oil from the face, so your skin is less prone to acne.
Because the oatmeal mask is very gentle on the skin, I use it with my daughter.
It is a fun way to bond and get your beauty on.
How to make a DIY oatmeal face mask
Blend some oatmeal to flour, mix it with water to make a thick paste. Then apply it to your clean face, and wait until it dries up before rinsing out with warm water.
Make sure to apply face moisturizer to prevent drying.
For a more moisturizing face mask recipe, check out this DIY oatmeal honey face mask.
4. Baking soda to get rid of dark pigmentation on the skin
Baking soda is available in most homes, either in your kitchen or laundry room.
But did you know that you can add it to your DIY skincare routine?
I sometimes use baking soda as a rinse-off face mask before applying foundation.
Baking soda, when used all over the body, cleanse the skin of residual oil and gets rid of hyperpigmentation.
How to use baking soda on dark butt cheeks, thighs, knees, and elbows
All you have to do is invest in a pair of exfoliating gloves.
Okay, after taking a shower or bath, apply baking soda all over your body using your exfoliating gloves.
Scrub your skin gently, paying more attention to the butt cheeks, thighs, knees, and your elbows.
It may sting a little but it is bearable.
Rinse under the shower after several minutes and moisturize immediately to prevent over-drying of the skin.
The moisturizer would replenish lost moisture and heal the exfoliated areas.
You may also love this homemade coconut baking soda scrub bars.
5. Apple cider vinegar for DIY facial cleansers
Apple cider vinegar is an essential ingredient in most salad dressings.
But what if I told you that you could use apple cider vinegar in place of store-bought cleansers.
Mix one part of apple cider vinegar with two parts of water to make a face toner.
Soak up a cotton ball with this homemade cleanser and clean your face gently.
It gets rid of leftover dirt and bacteria on the skin.
6. Coconut oil as an anti-aging moisturizer
Coconut oil is a natural moisturizing oil with antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
When mixed with baking soda or even sugar, it makes a great moisturizing anti-aging body scrub.
You may be interested in this homemade coconut cinnamon foot scrub for an at-home pedicure.
7. Lemon for hand and foot scrub recipes
They say when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. That’s yummy, but I’d say make a citrus zesty sugar scrub.
How to use lemon as a DIY skincare ingredient
- To make a homemade lemon hand or foot scrub
- add lemon juice and slices to your foot soak
- Lemon juice is a vital ingredient for making DIY sugar wax.
- you can also apply lemon juice to your underarms as a natural deodorant when you don’t want to use drugstore ones.
See the recipe for a homemade lemon sugar hand scrub here.
8. Sugar for skin exfoliation and DIY sugar wax
Sugar is a natural skin exfoliant, and it is also the base for most body scrubs.
Exfoliation with sugar scrubs lift off dead skin cells while moisturizing the skin as well.
It is very cheap, so you have no excuse for not exfoliating your skin as you would love to.
And the best thing about using sugar for skin exfoliation is that you can use it alone when you do not have other ingredients to make a homemade scrub.
Lastly, sugar is the main ingredient for making DIY sugar wax. See homemade hard sugar wax for sugaring at home.
9. Honey for glowing younger-looking skin
Honey is a natural antibacterial, so it is great for acne treatment.
Use honey as a simple face mask to promote glowing younger-looking skin or mix with sugar for a moisturizing body scrub.
Honey sugar face scrub may help get rid of dark spots and reveal a clearer looking skin.
How to make a honey sugar scrub
- Mix equal amounts of honey and sugar
- This is a sticky scrub, so you want to make it a bit runny,
- Next, exfoliate your clean face with it, and rinse off after several minutes.
- Pat your face dry and enjoy!
You may also love this DIY Mandarin Honey Sugar Scrub.
10. Cucumber for skin hydration
Apart from placing cucumber slices on your eyes at the spa or even at home, you can use them for DIY sugar scrubs, face spritz, etc.
The cucumber face spritz rehydrates and cools your skin after too much sun exposure.
Boom! Budget-friendly DIY Skincare Recipes And Ingredients
That’s ten affordable DIY skincare ingredients plus recipes you can make today.
Now you can create skincare products yourself without breaking the bank!
What are your favorite homemade skin care recipes?
Please share them with us.
Thanks for stopping by.
Remember to share this post and pin the images on Pinterest. It would mean the world to me.